Saturday, June 2, 2012

beach trip, day one

I went to the beach to attend a dear friend's wedding. And since I would be there, I decided to extend my stay and make the most of the trip. So I booked for six nights, from May 2-7. Yay!

My flight was delayed due to the unusually heavy traffic in the airport runway because of the sheer number of flights. Too many people were vacationing, I guess. And the beginning of May is smack in the middle of summer so practically everyone would be off somewhere.

So the flight was delayed an hour, then I had to wait for the van that will take me on a two-hour ride from the airport to the ferry port. Upon arrival at the ferry port I had to line up for tickets for the boat. That's another thirty minutes or so of travel to Boracay Island itself. But luckily I ran into my friend, travel companion, and resort roommate, Eric. So at least I had someone to talk to :D

When we finally arrived on the island, we had to take one last ride, a tricycle ride, to the resort which is located at the far end of the island. The ride took about 30-45 minutes, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, getting to the beach could be so suspenseful.

The tricycle unloaded us by the beachfront and we had to walk the rest of the way to our resort.




If you are a bit squeamish about spiders then this might not be the place for you. Since the place was built on natural rock formations and tried to work as best as possible with the nature around it, spider webs and their residents are left alone to thrive in the caves and corners.


This is the restaurant bar which also serves as the reception area. We were given our choice of fruit shakes and shown to our room (which was a suite, by the way, and it can accommodate up to five people, but it only cost us half the price of the other upscale resorts).




I was tired from all the travelling and delay so while my friend went off to swim and explore, I opted to settle in and practice doing nothing.



More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! It looks like paradise! And look at that bed!! I hope you had fun and that the wedding was beautiful. Hang on, where did you go anyway?

    ReplyDelete