Sunday, May 27, 2012

sneaking away

I only have less than 72 hours to complete my report which is due for presentation next week. I only have the title slide and the research background slide finished. Nothing yet on the actual findings of the research except for scribbles and notes and diagram sketches.


But today I am taking 8 hours to attend a digital photography workshop that I have signed up for a few weeks ago, right about the same time I signed up for the watercolor workshop. Yes, this month is turning out to be a learn-a-new-thing month. Well, the fortune-teller in Hong Kong told me last year that this month will be my month of fortune, so maybe these new things will be the means to that fortune! Hahaha! I wish!

So this workshop should teach me more about taking better photos and I especially want to understand lighting. It's the same thing I want to understand in watercolor painting and my brain seems to be having a twisted time trying to grasp the technical aspects of it. I also want to be able to create moods without having to tinker too much with photo editing software.


I should get this camera working harder after today. Well, after my report presentation at least. I believe I will have to pull an all-nighter or two to catch up with the report analysis and writing. That's always the hardest part-- translating all the ideas into something concrete and understandable and usable. It's true for life matters not just report-writing.

I'll be signing out now. Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this - and the report...
    The photo class sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete