Thursday, October 3, 2013

useful distractions

I always get a bit anxious at the beginning of any work project and today is the eve of one. Fortunately there were enough things to occupy my mind and time even as the internet constantly went on and off due to some plant trouble and made me worry about missing last-minute emails from client (there have been none so far).

I went out to buy bird seeds (in my new home my mornings are serenaded by bird song and I wish to express appreciation) and ended up having coffee with my sister.


When we got home my dad was in a home-improvement mode and we finally had the TV mounted on the wall plus I got the wall frame rack mounted as well to keep all our accessories (necklaces, rings, brooches, headbands, bracelets, and other frills).


I also took the cat for a quick trip to the vet to have his claws trimmed. 

In between I read Sherlock stories.

So now I am a bit too tired to waste energy getting anxious and worried. I will probably relax even more with a cup of hot chocolate after dinner. In the meantime I will figure out what I can play on the newly mounted TV given that I have yet to apply for an extension cable and all my consoles are still in the old place. 

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment