Thursday, January 17, 2013

popping in quick

I'm still alive.

Although right now I am down with fever (again), colds (again), a headache that refuses to let me stay up for more than half an hour straight. The backs of my eyes ache and feel hot. My very skin is sore. My throat is sore. I could barely breathe when I sleep.

I am also stuck on a work document that I could not finish because I know it's not my best output. I could make it "passable" but it will haunt me afterwards. Hence I am poking at it until it's closer to the perfect I have in mind.

I haven't been able to update my 365 project but the pictures are all in my notebooks waiting to be photographed and uploaded. Be patient. They will all come out in a big batch soon.

I am consoled by reading, especially by Miss Austen. Halfway through Sense And Sensibility. I need to be more like Elinor Dashwood.


I have discovered Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series. Quick entertaining reads. The only way I can tolerate the angst and fussiness of teenagers is if they involve supernatural beings. I am in search of similar themed novels with older adults, like maybe in their late twenties or early thirties or even older. And I mean adults with the same sense of wonder and delight and courage. Or is it because older adults cease to be candidates for the magical at some point?

I have to go back to bed now. I could barely see the screen with my eyes watery and my head throbbing like doom. I hope you're in much better shape than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment