Sunday, July 8, 2012

saturday night out - after the fact

This is what I wore (an essence of it, at the very least).


I even bothered to paint my nails.


I went with my sister and a friend of ours, Pater Paul, to celebrate our fifth anniversary as kendo players. Although I have not been attending for the past weeks I still want to go back to regular practice. The kendo thing is whole complex story in itself so I won't go into details at this point.

We had dinner and dessert in a cafe. It felt really nice to be out on a Saturday night after so long.



For my part, a lot of feelings were stirred (along with the tea), and one of the things I realized is that I quite miss playing kendo.


However, there is still a lot of work to be done in myself before I can resume practice. There are emotions to be sorted out, truths to be faced, choices and decisions made, reasons clarified.


Another thing I realized is... well, the heart can be tricky and the mind sometimes plays along with it and then where does that leave me? Doomed, I say. A poker-faced heart is not to be trusted.

1 comment:

  1. What a great reason to celebrate!! Happy 5th Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete