Tuesday, January 10, 2012

knitting, step one

I bought these from Etsy:


And I might get these:


There is actually a knitting lesson offered in one of the malls in the city but when I visited, the store personnel were not helpful, friendly, nor warm. It was pretty disappointing. And when I checked the prices for the knitting products they were pretty high.

So I went to Etsy and found even better looking knitting needles at competitive prices, sold by people who are passionate about knitting and who ooze warmth even through their store pages. I really just can't feel comfortable paying my money to a store that does not seem to care. I'd rather wait for my purchase but feel good about it.

And for learning, I just might get this book:


I should be knitting by February. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I used to knit a lot to pass the time on the train... but I could only really knit scarves because they were square. And even then sometimes I dropped stitches so they came out more triangular. Anyway, I'm really excited for you!! And I like what you have to say about paying for something from somebody who has a passion for what they're doing, it makes all the difference. Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good luck wish - I will definitely need every drop since I have to do my learning on top of so many other things to do! I will be super happy to get a decent scarf out of my knitting! :D

    ReplyDelete