Saturday, May 4, 2013

Good Old Thing


This old electric typewriter has been hidden in my parents' storage for YEARS. My dad found it when he was doing some cleaning and asked what I wanted to do with it. I want to keep it of course! So I brought it home and plugged it in and it is still working perfectly despite a lot of missing letters. There is even ink in the ribbon still! I will just need to replace the letter wheel and the correction tape and it will be good as new.

The sound as I was typing was simply glorious for me. It was like being transported somewhere back in time. It is like a time machine in its own way, just like when I play my vintage LPs on my record player.

Poems, short stories, essays, journals. I could hear them chattering in delight at the possibility of being written with this good old thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment