Tuesday, November 13, 2012

writing and music

This is a long overdue post but I have been busy doing something I absolutely love. Writing. Supplemented by lots of reading. More writing.


I have reached the 25,000 words halfway mark ahead of schedule in my NaNoWriMo novel. I have been sleeping between two to four in the morning because I find that I write better during the dark quiet night, with only a single source of light.

Except last Saturday when I slept at four in the morning because I was creating a playlist in my iTunes to provide a music soundtrack for the fluttering agitation that had me trying to write and wringing my hands and standing up suddenly and pacing and sighing oh so many times. I ended up not writing very much at all although I made a playlist and listened to it in loops while staring out the window until I started to feel sleepy at four in the morning.

"Oh you're in my blood like holy wine
You taste so bitter, and so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you, darling
 Still I'd be on my feet"
~ Case Of You/ Joni Mitchell ~

"Do I love you
Do I hate you
I can't make up my mind
So let's free fall
And see where we land"
~ Where We Land/ Ed Sheeran~

"I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are"
~ 100 Years/ Five For Fighting~

"Every time you're not around
It doesn't matter
'Cause you're everywhere to me."
~ Everywhere/ Bran Van 3000~

"Ten to one, you're gonna smile when you walk by
Fifty-four to one, you're gonna stop and say hi
Two million to one, you'll be the love of my life
Infinity to one, we're gonna last a life time"
~ Infinity To One/ Jason Reeves~

"Sometimes it stops,
Sometimes it flows,
But baby that is how love goes.
You will fly and you will crawl;
God knows even angels fall.
No such thing as you lost it all.
It's a secret no one tells;
One day it's heaven, one day it's hell.
It's no fairy tale;
Take it from me,
That's the way it's supposed to be."
~ Even Angels Fall/ Jessica Riddle~

"I turned around
And the water was closing all around"
~ Crystal/ Stevie Nicks~

Oh, yes. Gotta weather this particular storm and channel all its excess energy to finishing my novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment