Saturday, October 27, 2012
a summary of September
I hardly made any posts in September but I realize that quite a lot of interesting things happened.
- I painted a lot in September. Much more than I have ever painted in my whole life.
- I found my long lost glass dip pen.
- I received an unexpected gift of a vintage fountain pen from a friend.
- I watched The Help with my mom and my sis at my place one Thursday afternoon and we had a happy time.
- I made delicious Southern Fried Chicken (inspired by the movie).
- I bought a tin of fruit-flavored loose leaf tea.
- I invested in a small box of gouache.
- My family and I went to the annual book fair and we had lunch at a Japanese restaurant. My sister and I shared our favorite affogado dessert.
- My sister and I attended the Bloom Arts Festival where I ran into an old crush, got four new books, and had free dinner, coffee, and dessert.
- My sister and I had a three-day garage sale to help raise some extra cash. I had ice cream and ate lots of street food.
- My mom, sister, and I attended the ceremony where my grandmother received an award for being the oldest woman in town. She is 91.
- I single-handedly cooked lunch for four including baking a fruit pie for my dad's birthday.
- I got my first Fashionary notebook.
- I finished reading two books: The Sensualist by Barbara Hodgson, On Writing by Stephen King.
- I wrote a lot and finished a notebook so I started a new one.
- I had a few work meetings for potential projects.
How was your September?