Tuesday, September 11, 2012

a surge

I spent most of today painting. Couldn't help it. Couldn't stop. The blank pages drew me in and made me draw.
I finished this one last night.
This is my first finished piece for the day. Watercolor + Gouache
Today's second piece : Watercolor + Gouache + Lace
A Special Piece for my best friend in Canada. The photo does not do justice to the colors or texture so she will still have a bit of a surprise when she gets the real thing. :)
Third piece started but I made myself stop so I could take a breathe and rest. It would not do to deplete my creative well so soon.
I have started drawing and painting in my sketchbooks instead of hiding in the safety of my art journal pages. I can actually tear the pages off and frame the pieces. Maybe I will do that one day.

1 comment:

  1. I love that this is something that you love to do enough that you can get caught up in it for an entire day. Projects like that are good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete