Monday, October 31, 2011

where are the ghosts and the witches?

When I was still employed I would take a bit of trouble to celebrate Halloween in some way. It could be as simple as a movie marathon or a nice dinner or walking around the mall in some costume or watch the people who do walk around in costume. The point is, I celebrated it in one way or another.

Last year and this year I have become more domesticated and low-key. For starters, I will be cleaning the house today and will probably be starting on some overdue tasks for an on-going project. I will also probably run a couple of errands to the supermarket.

Yesterday I went to the new water spa place. It was my birthday gift to Mao and we spent about two hours trying out all the water massages and soaking in the herbal pools. We even took laps in the lapping pool (which made me start wondering about a membership of some form because the pool was perfect for working out).

Lunch was at Cafe Juanita where I made reservations a couple of days before so Mao can try out their super delicious buffet. The restaurant was not too full and therefore it was not too noisy and I got a good look at the latest redecorating done and there was an angel watching over us as we ate.


As we were nearing the end of lunch, I had become extremely sleepy from the spa and the food. The next order of the day was a nap back at my place.

By 5pm we were heading out again to check a few things out at the warehouse sale across the street then we went to Mao's house for a home-cooked birthday dinner treat by his mom. I finally got to meet his family and had long interesting conversations with his brothers. His mom cooked a really good dish of baby back ribs (and I got some for taking home when his mom offered it after dinner).

The rest of the evening was spent watching Transformers 3 on DVD and Kung Fu Panda 2. I fell asleep halfway through Kung Fu Panda 2.

I now read through what I have written and it reads like a very normal and sane day.

There is a part of me that wants to go tricking and treating. One way or another. There is a part of me that is as hungry as the ghosts that walk around this time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment